2019 NAA Scholarship
- Five scholarships will be awarded each year in the amount of $1000 each.
- Applicants must be a child or grandchild of a member of the Nebraska Airboaters Association AND that member must be a continual member in good standing for the previous THREE years OR be a lifetime member. The applicant may also be an actual member of the Association, but must also meet the three year requirement or lifetime member.
- Applicant must be a high school student who will be graduating in the spring of 2019.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a college, university, or trade school for the year 2019-2020.
- The new guideline was added to avoid the situation when a member joins the year their child or grandchild is a senior and after the scholarship is awarded, the member does not stay active in the Association. This has happened a few times in the past scholarship winners and this new requirement will hopefully keep our membership strong and active. The Web site will be updated with this new information. All other criteria will remain the same.
- Winners will receive written notices and receive a certificate at their graduation services.
- If, for any reason, the student drops his/her courses within a 6 month time limit, the scholarship money must be returned to the Association.
- In addition to the application form, each applicant must submit a paragraph or what his/her career goals are, (location after college, what type of job, etc.) also a paragraph about “what Airboating means to me,” and One letter of written personal recommendation. Recommendations may be written by a school counselor teachers/instructors, youth or volunteer group leaders, employers, or any person who can provide a brief statement on your behalf.
- The 2019 Scholarship Committee consists of Shelly Noonan, Chairperson and members: Marj Marr, Mary Granger, Chriss Kroeger and Jim Thiessen.
- Applications must be post marked by April 1, 2019.
1816 E. Street
Schuyler NE 68661
Questions: 402-910-4298 (after 5:00 p.m.)
2018 NAA Scholarship Winners
$1000.00 SCHOLARSHIP AWARDED TO: