Lynn Barta/Mike “Jake” Kroeger – Nebraska Airboaters Association Memorial Scholarship
- $10,000 will be divided into three scholarships that will be awarded each year in the amount of one $5,000 and two $2,500 scholarships.
- Applicants must be a child of a member of the Nebraska Airboaters Association AND that member must be a continual member in good standing for the previous THREE years OR be a lifetime member. The applicant may also be an actual member of the Association, but must also meet the three year requirement or lifetime member.
- Applicant must be a high school student who will be graduating in the spring of 2019 or a current full time college student.
- Must have taken the boater’s safety course and include a copy of the certificate with the scholarship application.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a college, university, or trade school for the year 2019-2020.
- Winners will be notified by June 19th.
- The ones that qualify for the Lynn Barta/Mike “Jake” Kroeger – Nebraska Airboaters Association Memorial Scholarship must give a presentation in person to the committee why they deserve the scholarship.
- The Scholarship Committee will set the date and place for the presentation.
- The individuals must give their presentation on the date selected by the Scholarship Committee in person or via video conference/teleconference, etc. if they live out of the area on the date and place selected by the Scholarship Committee.
- In addition to the application form, each applicant must submit a copy of their Boater’s Safety Course Certificate, a paragraph on what his/her career goals are, (location after college, what type of job, etc.) also a paragraph about “what Airboating means to me,” and One letter of written personal recommendation. Recommendations may be written by a school counselor teachers/instructors, youth or volunteer group leaders, employers, or any person who can provide a brief statement on your behalf.
- The individuals that are awarded the Lynn Barta/Mike “Jake” Kroeger – Nebraska Airboaters Association Memorial Scholarship must become a lifetime member of the Nebraska Airboaters Association and if their parent or legal guardian is not a lifetime member they must also become a lifetime member of the Nebraska Airboaters Association.
- If, for any reason, the student drops his/her courses within a 6 month time limit, the scholarship money must be returned to the Association.
- The 2019 Scholarship Committee consists of NAA members: Marj Marr, Mary Granger, Chriss Kroeger and Jim Thiessen.
Applications must be received by April 1, 2019.
Those who qualify may also apply for the Nebraska Airboaters Association Scholarship.
Send completed application to:
Nebraska Airboaters Association
P.O. Box 523
Fremont, NE 68026-0523
2018 Lynn Barta/Mike “Jake” Kroeger – NAA Memorial Scholarship Winners
$5000.00 SCHOLARSHIP AWARDED TO:
$2500.00 LYNN BARTA SCHOLARSHIP AWARDED TO:
$2500.00 MIKE “JAKE” KROEGER SCHOLARSHIP AWARDED TO: