NAA Memorial Scholarship
Mike “Jake” Kroeger
Nebraska Association Memorial Scholarships
- $10,000 will be divided into three scholarships that will be awarded each year in the amount of one $5,000(Lynn Barta) and two $2,500 (Jake Kroeger & Rich Cashett) scholarships.
- Applicants must be a child of a member of the Nebraska Airboaters Association AND that member must be a continual member in good standing for the previous THREE years OR be a lifetime member. The applicant may also be an actual member of the Association, but must also meet the three year requirement or lifetime member.
- Applicant must be a high school student who will be graduating in the spring of 2021 or a current full time college student.
- Must have taken the boater’s safety course and include a copy of the certificate with the scholarship application.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a college, university, or trade school for the year 2021-2022.
- Winners will be notified by June 19th.
- The ones that qualify for the Lynn Barta/Mike “Jake” Kroeger or Richard Cashett – Nebraska Airboaters Association Memorial Scholarships must give a presentation in person to the committee why they deserve the scholarship.
- The Scholarship Committee will set the date and place for the presentation.
- The individuals must give their presentation on the date selected by the Scholarship Committee in person or via video conference/teleconference, etc. if they live out of the area on the date and place selected by the Scholarship Committee.
- In addition to the application form, each applicant must submit a copy of their Boater’s Safety Course Certificate, a paragraph on what his/her career goals are, (location after college, what type of job, etc.) also a paragraph about “what Airboating means to me,” and One letter of written personal recommendation. Recommendations may be written by a school counselor teachers/instructors, youth or volunteer group leaders, employers, or any person who can provide a brief statement on your behalf.
- The individuals that are awarded the Lynn Barta/Mike “Jake” Kroeger or Richard Cashett – Nebraska Airboaters Association Memorial Scholarships must become a lifetime member of the Nebraska Airboaters Association and if their parent or legal guardian is not a lifetime member they must also become a lifetime member of the Nebraska Airboaters Association.
- If, for any reason, the student drops his/her courses within a 6 month time limit, the scholarship money must be returned to the Association.
- The 2021 Scholarship Committee consists of NAA members: Kirk Westring ,Randy Kassmeier, Michaela Eurek, Colleen Lux, Jolene Kassmeier , Kim Levin
Applications must be received by April 1, 2021.
Those who qualify may also apply for the Nebraska Airboaters Association Scholarship.
Send completed application to:
Nebraska Airboaters Association
P.O. Box 523
Fremont, NE 68026-0523
For more information, contact:
PO Box 458
Humphrey, NE. 68642
2021 NAA Memorial Scholarship Winners:
$5,000 – Cailey Noonan
$2,500 – Kaylea Bailey
$2,500 – Emma Peters