• Five scholarships will be awarded each year in the amount of $1,000 each.
• Applicants must be a child or grandchild of a member of the Nebraska Airboaters Association AND that member must be a continual member in good standing for the previous THREE years OR be a lifetime member. The applicant may also be an actual member of the Association, but must also meet the three year requirement or lifetime member.
• The new guideline was added to avoid the situation when a member joins the year their child or grandchild is a senior and after the scholarship is awarded, the member does not stay active in the Association. This has happened a few times in the past scholarship winners and this new requirement will hopefully keep our membership strong and active. The Web site will be updated with this new information. All other criteria will remain the same.
• Applicant must be a high school student who will be graduating in the spring of 2023 AND enrolled in an undergraduate college, university, or trade school for the year 2023-2024.
• Winners will receive written notices and receive a certificate at their graduation services.
• If, for any reason, the student drops his/her courses within a 6 month time frame, the scholarship money must be returned to the Association.
• In addition to the application form, each applicant must submit a paragraph or what his/her career goals are (location after college, what type of job, etc.), a paragraph about “what Airboating means to me,” and One letter of written personal recommendation. Recommendations may be written by a school counselor teachers/instructors, youth or volunteer group leaders, employers, or any person who can provide a brief statement on your behalf.
• If there are less then 5 applicants, the scholarship committee will divide the x5 $1,000 by the number of applicants that have applied.
• The Scholarship Committee consists of NAA members: Kirk Westring, Randy Kassmeier , Michaela Boelter, Colleen Lux, Jolene Kassmeier, Kim Levin
• Applications must be post marked by March 1, 2023
*If a scholarship committee member is an immediate family member to an applicant, the committee member will not be able to vote the year the student applies.
Send completed application to:
Nebraska Airboaters Association
P.O. Box 111
Columbus NE 68602
For more information, contact:
PO Box 458
Humphrey, NE. 68642
2022 NAA Scholarship Winners:
$1,000 – Sasha Perrin
$1,000 – Leah Levin
$1,000 – Olivia Tawney
$1,000 – Evan Tomlinson
$1,000 – Mya Bolden
2021 NAA Scholarship Winners:
$1,000 – Paige Rolf
$1,000 – Holly Robinson
$1,000 – Jamison Urkoski
$1,000 – Kalley Sukstorf
$1,000 – Lacey Nelson
2020 NAA Scholarship Winners
$1,000 – Shenee Levine
$1,000 – Dylan Folda
$1,000 – Noah Kubat
$1,000 – Jennifer Moening
$1,000 – Anna Rocheford